TEXTURIZED HAIR UPDATE 1 {LENGTH CHECK, CUTTING MY HAIR?, HAIR JOURNEY, HAIR LENGTH GOALS FOR THE YEAR 2017}



Todays blog post is all about my texturized hair update this is just to tell everyone what exactly is going on with my hair and my plans for the year . I have been on a texturized hair journey for about a year now and six months now, I decided to texturize my hair because I have 4C hair and texturizers loosened up my curls just a little bit making it easier not to mention cheaper for me to manage. I did have a set back with my hair journey December 2015 when I had to chop off about half my hair length at the time (long story). I just feel like my hair should be way past this length by now.

I decided that this year, I am going to keep track of my hair growth more and also take better care of my hair so this does imply that firstly I will not be protective styling my hair long term so often(cornrows, sew ins and box braids) because I just feel that it adds to much strain to the hair but I will probably try crochet braids as I believe it adds less strain to the hair.

Right now my hair is about my full neck length and I have cut off about a half inch of hair just to make sure I have as healthy ends as possible.

I intend to hopefully be at least mid back length by December 2017 by the grace of God. I will be documenting my entire journey and exactly what I am doing to retain my length and grow my hair.

My next length check will be by August which is when my next texturizer should be applied. Keep your fingers crossed for me..

Thank you so much for reading all about my texturized hair update and goals for the year and I do hope you join me on my journey...

xoxo...

0 comments:

Post a Comment