TIPS TO MAKE YOUR MAKEUP LAST ALL DAY FOR PEOPLE WITH OILY SKIN

0

I got the idea for this blog post from a customer of mine who came to buy the maybelline fit me matte foundation (and yes I do sell this foundation at just 4500 and if you are in Abuja you will get free delivery), she said she wanted to get into the whole slay game but that from past experiences with her oily skin and makeup she was afraid to try again. Whenever I wear makeup people always ask me how my make up stays on all day despite the fact that I claim to have really really oily skin.

Today's post is dedicated to oily skin people like me who want to wear foundation and slay their makeup but feel like their oiliness will get in the way. please read to the end of the blog post, every tip counts. 




CLEANSE


I made a whole post about the importance of the type of cleanser you use for your oily skin, you can check it out here. Avoid cleansers and soaps that are super harsh or better still avoid actual bar soaps completely. This will make your face drier and cause you sebaceous glands to produce a lot of oil. This specific johnson's baby wash is my fave as well as the neutrogena pink grape fruit but please read this post here for the only condition to which you can use the neutrogena pink grape fruit facial scrub.



APPLE CIDER VINEGAR TONER


This step I only recommend if you have used a very mild face wash like the johnsons face wash but I will advice you avoid if you used a cleanser with an active ingredient. because this may make your skin too sensitive. ACV helps to shrink your pores and reduce oil production as well as fight against any active pimple you may have. 

HOW TO DIY ACV TONER

  • GET A CLEAN SAUCER.
  • ADD TWO PART WATER TO EVERY PART ACV. I.E I DO HALF A TEA SPOON OF ACV AND A TEA SPOON OF WATER.
  • DAB IN A COTTON PAD.
  • SWIRL ON YOUR FACE. 
  • PLEASE DO NOT MIX THE WHOLE BOTTLE OF ACV, IT MAKES THE ACV GET SOUR AND THIS WILL DO YOUR FACE MORE HARM THAN GOOD.




MOISTURIZE

This step is so important but please if you have sensitive skin do not just go to your beauty supplier and buy any moisturizer you see, get moisturizers that are made specifically for people with oily and sensitive skin, you can check some out HERE. Just in case you didn't know people have oily skin because their skin produces way too much oil, to combat or slow down this process you have to trick the skin into believing that it has produced oil already, by  moisturizing your skin you at least know the exact amount of moisture on your face and as a result your skin doesn't produce as much oil, if that makes sense.





PRIMER

So the first three steps will help with reducing oil production and also help with the health of your skin. A mattifying Primer on the other hand will take your make up longevity to a whole new level.
If however you do not have the money to get a primer to use underneath your foundation, you can use any oil control loose setting powder you have just before applying your foundation. My favorite mattifying primer is the rimmel stay matte and it cost about 4000-5000naira.

FOUNDATION AND SETTING POWDER

If you have oily skin, you do not just go out and buy any foundation you see or see your friend use, you have to be sure it is a matte foundation and if you have sensitive skin you also need something that won't break you out. HERE are some foundations that work great for oily skin
.
Finally please always set your foundation with an oil control powder preferably a loose setting powder.



N.B: Please when your skin get a lil oily please don't use a handkerchief to wipe your face use a blotting paper or one ply of your tissue paper to gently dab off the oil and maybe touch up with your powder if necessary.




Thank you for reading, please do leave a comment and I will be glad to reply.

I am able to have a good time without worrying too much about my makeup.
   



2 comments:

  1. Can I use +QWhite moringa Claire on my face

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IF YOU HAVE SENSIIVE SKIN I STRONGLY ADVICE AGAINST IT

      Delete