PROS AND CONS OF TEXTURIZED HAIR


If you are here you are probably wandering what texturized hair is in the first place, you can find that out here. So while I strongly recommend texturized hair, just like anything there is always an advantage and a disadvantage. Today I am going to share some of the pros and cons of texturized hair which I have noticed over time.

I also have to add that if you do decide to texturize your hair here are some texturizers that worked for me.




CONS OF TEXTURIZED HAIR

  • Over processing is the first con of texturized hair, no matter how careful you are, a few pieces of your hair will be more processed than the others. There are measures you can take while texturizing your hair to greatly minimize over processing.


  • Next will have to be the fact that even though texturizers aren't as harsh as relaxers, you are still putting a chemical on your hair.
  • Next con for me will be the fact that you run the risk of getting your hair lighter, i. e if you do not go the extra mile of always using a neutralizing shampoo after you are done with your texturizer application to balance out the acidity you just applied to your locks. If you don't you will run the risk of getting your hair lighter than the natural color over time.
  • New growth, yes with texturized hair you have to deal with new growth, and even though it is easier to stretch out your next texturizer application because the both textures are so close, unlike when your hair is completely relaxed and you have totally different textures to work with. You will still find it a little harder to deal with your hair when your new growth becomes a lot.
  • You have to spend money to buy texturizers quarterly every year.

PROS OF TEXTURIZED HAIR




  • Your curls are looser and easier to manage.
  • You spend less money on products to maintain your hair, for instance my hair is 4c type and before I texturized my hair, I had to spend money on more expensive products just to help me properly detangle my hair but now many regular conditioners can easily detangle my hair, even the regular VO5 works great for me both as a regular conditioner and a deep conditioner on days when I can't afford a proper deep conditioner. But when I was completely natural, I used way more products both in terms of quality and quantity.
  • My styles aren't as stressful to achieve, because yes I still have curls but they aren't so tight, so basically I achieve good results still but without stressing too much.
  • Wash days take lesser time.
  • Detangling is easier and takes lesser time too because my curls aren't so tight.
So basically, I think so many people get super frustrated with their natural hair but still don't want to relax their hair, texturizing is a good alternative, trust me many people wouldn't even know the difference unless you tell them. It's just hair and yes you are to take care of it but you shouldn't be a slave to it. 

If you decide to texturize your hair and you do it properly, it really shoudn't be such a big deal, and for me personally the pros are better than the cons but obviously it is just my opinion.

Thank you so much for reading today's' blog post, please feel free to leave a comment, I will be more than happy to respond. Have a lovely day and week..xoxo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment