MAYBELLINE FIT ME MATTE+PORELESS FOUNDATION IN 340 CAPPACINO ON OILY ACNE PRONE SKIN IN NIGERIA.


For a very long time, I have been avoiding the use of foundation because I have very oily and very sensitive skin. When I saw this Maybelline fit me matte+poreless foundation and the reviews it got I was still skeptical about it because Nigerian weather is quite different from the weather in UK and USA, but then cost was about $7 which was about 2,500naira, so I took the risk and tried it out.

I bought the Maybelline fit me MATTE+PORELESS foundation from amazon.com and sent it through a family member who came on holidays, but a lot of stores carry it in Nigeria.

In Nigeria this foundation can cost anything from 4500-6000naira.



SWATCH OF MAYBELLINE MATTE AND PORELESS FOUNDATION IN 340 CAPPACINO


BLENDED SWATCH OF MAYBELLINE MATTE AND PORELESS FOUNDATION IN 340 CAPPACINO
The first thing I noticed was how yellow the undertone of this foundation was which, I didn't mind at all. I always prefer more yellowish than reddish undertones.

WHAT IT SAYS ON THE MAYBELLINE FIT ME MATTE +PORELESS BOTTLE

SHADE: 340 CAPPACINNO
  • CLAIMS: Mattifies and refines pores(makes your pores appear smaller)
  •  Matches natural tone
  • Natural seamless finish
 N.B: contains parabens

HOW I APPLY IT
I apply ponds powder first. Then apply the foundation using a stippling foundation brush and then set with a powder. 

MY HONEST REVIEW 
PROS
  • Demi matte finish, it is matte but not so matte that it proves difficult to blend, if you have oily skin this is a good foundation for you.
  • The widest variety of foundation shades I have ever seen, so even the lightest or darkest person will find their shade.
  • The packaging is lovely.
  • It doesn't feel heavy on the face, sometimes I even forget I have make up on.
  • The coverage is very buildable.
  • Can last up to 8-10 hours without producing excess oil but only if your skin is not so oily and the humidity is cold(which is not always the samein Nigeria).
  • Does not cause break out or pimples(my skin is super sensitive)
  • Helps minimize pores a little bit.
  • All the claims of this foundation is true.

CONS
  • It doesn't come with a pump, which can lead to wastage of the product if one isn't careful.
  • Coverage isn't full, some dark spots still peaked through (you must color correct).
  • If you live were it is hot and have oily skin you have to keep blotting and resetting your makeup with powder (but honestly I blot less with this foundation than a lot of more high end foundations).
FINAL REMARK
As you can see the pros of the MAYBELLINE MATTE AND PORELESS FOUNDATIONfoundation is way more than the cons. I rate this a **** instead of a five but only cuz I have an oily skin and Nigeria is super hot and so I will prefer a more mattifying and oil control foundation (Please note that you can use a mattiffying primer to get the best out of your foundation). I will definitely be repurchasing this again but not in the shade 340 cappacino, I will go a shade darker because during sunny weather I get a little darker.

View photos of me on the foundation below





What foundation do you use? Have you tried this out before?

2 comments:

  1. Jesus the difference in price is crazy. If I want to buy from Amazon and have it shipped to Nigeria, will the price for everything be similar to what it goes for in Nigeria? Or will it still be lesser?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I want to try this dear

    ReplyDelete