NOVAGOLD STYLING MOUSSE {SUPER FIRM HOLD} ON TEXTURIZED HAIR





HELLO, HELLO, HELLO it is the product junkie back with another product review. I have never used a hair mousse in my life and decided to try the NOVA GOLD styling mousse, hence I have started styling my texturized hair more often. I chose to get the nova gold styling mousse because it is the most popular hair mousse here in Nigeria and it is also a really affordable brand.

what the can says
NOVAGOLD
SYSTEM PROFESSIONAL
SUPER FIRM HOLD STYLING MOUSSE
FOR INCREASED VOLUME AND HOLD

nova gold mousse has been specially formulated to give super firm hold with volume and lift to all hair types and styles.

Directions: Shampoo and towel dry hair. Shake well and dispense mousse into palm of the hand (amounts will depend on hair length). Spread evenly through hair. Do not rinse out. Style as required. Can be used on dry hair.

Ingredients: Aqua, Butane, VP/VA copolymer, Isobutane, propane, Quaternium-52, Polysorbate 80, Dimethicone, Parfum, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Citronellol.

My Verdict
This mousse cost me 700 naira, I had never used a hair mousse before so I have no idea if it is suppose to feel sticky or not, but this felt really sticky after I applied it and I didn't really like the feel. I always love to apply a bit of moisturizer or leave in conditioner to my hair before adding any styling product because I know that styling products concentrate more on holding your hair style together than moisturizing your hair.

Despite the sticky uncomfortable feel, this did a pretty good job with styling my hair and it really did give my hair some volume and hold although I noticed that my ecostyler gel held my hair together longer and it was also shinnier. I will be trying more hair mousses till I find a better one, but this is definitely a very affordable and okay option.

N.B I highly recommend using a hair mousse if and only if you are going for a more voluminous look and  also make sure you apply some kind of moisture or oil to your hair before hand as this may be a bit drying.

RATING: 3.5 STARS

I gave it a 3.5 star because I didn't really like that sticky feel and how my hair feels is really important to me. I will keep using this and see how it goes..

HAVE YOU TRIED THIS PRODUCT BEFORE? WHAT HAIR MOUSSE WOULD YOU RECOMMEND? PLEASE DO LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU..

2 comments: